- Immerse yourself in immigrant farm and village life at Old World Wisconsin, a living history museum, then grab some lunch on-site at the Clausing Barn Cafe. Old World Wisconsin
-Golf the oldest nine hole golf course in Wisconsin, just steps from our back door. Reserve your tee time now! http://eaglespringsgolfresort.com/
- Indulge in the opulence and elegance of the Ten Chimney’s Historic Site, country home of theater icons, Alfred Lunt & Lynn Fontaine, in nearby Genesee Depot. www.tenchimneys.org.
-Experience spectacular dinner theater at the Fireside Theater in Fort Atkinson, just 25 miles
- Go hiking, biking birdwatching, swimming, pic-nicking, cross-county skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, horseback riding, nature walking, boating, geocaching and more in the 22,000 acres of the southern Kettle Moraine State Forest. We are literally surrounded by the Kettle Moraine, and you can pick up trail maps and other information at the nearby visitor’s center and museum, just 5 miles away. http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/kms/
– Ride the East Troy Electric Railroad from East Troy to Mukwonago. They offer railroad tours through the rural landscape, as well as dinner tours and fun seasonal themed rides, May through October. http://www.easttroyrr.org/
-Learn about the history of the electric trolley in Southeastern Wisconsin at the East Troy Electric Railroad Museum. Just 15 minutes away. http://www.travelwisconsin.com/history-heritage/east-troy-electric-railroad-museum-203557
-Pick your own apples and other farm fresh treats at the Elegant Farmer in Mukwonago!
- Put on your hiking boots and explore effects of glaciation on the terrain of southern Wisconsin! Trail heads for the Ice Age Trail are just a couple of miles from our door. http://www.iceagetrail.org/
- Stop in for a hearty lunch, rent skis or bikes at the LaGrange General Store, Cafe & Deli. Open daily. backyardbikes.com.
Places to Dine...
Make Your Stay Memorable! Take time to explore the areas' attractions, restaurants, flea markets, historical sites and more during your stay at the Kettle Moraine Cottage Bed and Breakfast.